2 What data we process, and why
- In principle, we obtain personal data directly from you. We do not forward any of the personal data you provide via the Website to social media providers without your prior consent. We may also process your personal data:
- To provide you with information about products and services you request in a personalised and efficient manner, via the Website, email, telephone or social media channels.
- To provide you with our Services.
- For direct marketing purposes, i.e. to provide you with targeted communication, promotions, offers and other advertisements from us or our selected partners. We will ask you for your prior consent for this.
- To perform statistical analyses to improve our Website and/or Services, or to develop new products or services.
- To provide to your financial institution or payment service provider, to enable them to comply with their legal obligations.
- To transfer to the police or legal authorities as evidence of possible crimes or if there are reasonable suspicions of unlawful acts or crimes committed by you through your registration with or use of the Website or Services.
- In the context of a possible merger with, acquisition of/by or division by a third party, even if that third party is located outside the EEA.
- If your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services can be considered: (a) a violation of the terms or intellectual property rights or any other right of a third party, (b) a threat to the security or integrity of the Services, (c) a threat to our or our subcontractors’ website, services or systems, as a result of viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any way illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or offensive, in which case we may process your data in the interest of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
3 Who we share data with
- We do not send your personal data in an identifiable manner to third parties if this is not required to provide the Services without your express prior consent.
- We may use external processors to offer you the Website and/or Services. We ensure that third-party processors only process your personal data on our behalf and under our written instructions. We guarantee that all external processors are selected with due care so that we can count on the security and integrity of your personal data.
- We may transfer anonymised and/or aggregated data to other organisations that may use this data to improve products and services and to tailor their marketing, presentation and sale of products and services.
4 Where we process data
- We and our third-party processors will only process your identifiable personal data within the EEA.
- We may transfer your anonymised and/or aggregated data to organisations outside the EEA. If such a transfer takes place, we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data, and that all rights relating to personal data that you may enjoy under applicable law are guaranteed.
5 How we process data
- We will take the appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data secure against unauthorised access or theft and against accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our personnel or the personnel of our third-party processors is only possible on a need-to-know basis and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations. However, understand that safety and security are only best efforts, and they can never be guaranteed.
6 Your rights
- You have the right to request access to all personal data that we process about you. However, requests for access that are evidently made to cause a nuisance or damage to us will not be processed.
- You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If you have registered via our Website, you can correct a lot of this information yourself via your profile. If such a request is made, you must also provide proof that the personal data for which correction is requested is incorrect.
- You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent for the processing of your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com, or by deleting your profile (if applicable).
- Instead of deletion, you can also request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the accuracy of the data, (b) the processing is unlawful or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the stated purposes, but you need it to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data if you can prove that there are serious and justified reasons relating to special circumstances that justify any such objection. If the intended processing is classified as direct marketing, however, you have the right to object to such processing free of charge and without justification.
- When your personal data is processed on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract, and the processing is carried out through automated means, you have the right to receive the personal data you provide to us in a structured, widely used and machine-readable format and, if technically possible, you have the right to pass this data directly onto another service provider. The technical feasibility of this will be exclusively assessed by us.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It should also be dated and signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card proving your identity. We will immediately inform you of any receipt of such a request. If the application proves to be justified, we will process it as soon as reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the application.
- If you have a complaint about our processing of your personal data, you can always contact us via email: email@example.com. If you are dissatisfied with our answer, you are free to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority, which is the Dutch Data Protection Authority. For more information, visit https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.